The Town Clerk’s office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. with lunch from 12:00 to 1:00. The Town Clerk provides the following services to Douglas:
- The Town Clerk’s office provides administrative support for the Mayor, Town Council and acts as the Town Treasurer to provide an accurate record of all official actions of the governing body.
- The Town Clerk is responsible for the custodial maintenance and care of the minutes of all Town meetings and for all official records of Town government, such as ordinances, resolutions and contracts.
- Performs certification and recording for the Town on legal documents and other records requiring certification; seals and attests by signature to ordinances, resolutions and contracts, easements, deed or other documents requiring certification and maintains files of all Town records.
- Serves as the Chief Election Official for all Town elections, and maintains Town’s voter list.
- Attends regular and special Town Council meetings and prepares the agenda for the monthly meeting along with other necessary material for the meeting.
- Provide Notary Public Service to the citizens of Douglas.
- Call the Town Clerk to get on the agenda for the Council Meeting.
Laurie Peeler, was appointed Town Clerk-Treasurer in 2016. She also serves as Magistrate of the Douglas Municipal Court. Laurie Peeler received designation of Certified Municipal Court Clerk/Magistrate in March of 2017.